How to Subscribe
By subscribing you will receive all the new articles from 8000 Brilliant Women automatically just as soon as they are published.
I’ll walk you through it! 8000 Brilliant Women is about ease!
There are two ways to subscribe to receive new 8000 Brilliant Women articles. You can receive updates via email or in your blog reader.
- On the 8000 Brilliant Women blog page, click on By Email.
- You will be directed to this Feedburner page. Enter your email address and the red text. Click on Complete Subscription Request.
Note: If you can’t read the red text do the following to refresh the web page and receive a new word that might be more readable:
- FireFox Browser: Hold the CTRL key and press the F5 key
- Internet Explorer Browser: Hold the CTRL key and press the F5 key
- Google Chrome Browser: Press the Shift key and the browser’s Reload-button
- Safari Browser: Press the Command and R keys
- Opera Browser: Press the F5 key
- You will now automatically receive new blog articles by email. If you ever wish to cancel your subscription, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
Via a Blog Reader (RSS)
What’s a blog reader? A blog reader, or newsreader, is an application that checks for new articles on blogs you have subscribed to and then pulls them into your blog reader so that you have all new articles from all of your blog subscriptions ready for you in one place when you are ready to read them.
The instructions, below, are for the Google Reader blog reader. Google Reader is free and works in most browsers. There isn’t any software to install! You must have a Google account in order to use Google Reader. You can sign up here.
There are other blog readers such as Bloglines and Newsgator. If you are already using these, you know how to use a blog reader. If you wish to use a blog reader other than Google Reader, please consult that reader’s directions found on their respective websites.
Here are the directions to receive new articles in Google Reader.
- On the 8000 Brilliant Women blog page, click on the button, In Your Blog Reader.
- If you already have a Google Reader account, you will see this screen. Click on Add to Google Reader.
- Enter your Google email address and password. If you don’t have a Google account, click on Create an Account. A Google account is free. Once your account is set up, go to Step 1.
- You’re done! Here’s how your Google Reader looks!
How to Get to Your Google Reader Afterwards
- Go to the Google homepage: http://www.google.com.
- Sign in.
- After the page loads there may be a brief pause before the top, left-hand menu is loaded. Once it loads, click on More. You will then select Reader from the dropdown box.
- Here’s your Google Reader!
Now, sit back and enjoy reading the latest articles from 8000 Brilliant Women!
Questions? Please ask them in the comments, below.